Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Finding calm in crazy

I am a stay at home mom of two children under the age of five. We have two dogs and four cats, three guinea pigs, and two fish. Each and every thing needs to cared for daily.  My kids have tons of things, my husband and I have lots of things. Sometimes I feel like it all too much.

Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed... I couldn't sleep last night because I kept sneezing so I took some Benadryl... and that knocked me out. I was tired when I woke up, my dogs needed to be fed and let out, and my 3 1/2 year old started in on the bossy demands before I even had a cup of coffee. I got my 21 month old up and fed and put into underwear (we are working on potty training). I went downstairs to take a shower to hopefully wake up and find a happy place to only hear my daughter yelling that my son pooped in his pants and it was all over the floor (AHHHH!!!).  Not only that it was time to leave the house for a play date. So we ended up late and I got to clean poop off the floor. And don't forget the fact that my cat ran out the door and under the deck when I opened the door to leave! Awesome. Luckily our play date was relatively calm. Got home to feed my kids lunch and they both spilled it all over the kitchen. I guess when it rains it pours.

I finally got my two kids to sleep. I am going to find my calm in my crazy life. My morning is my past and I can't change it. I think I am going to go take a  nap for 30 minutes and spend some time reflecting and meditating in the quite. I can only move forward with my day and let go of the things that have happened this morning. How do you find your calm?

On another note I continue to go through things at my house and give away or get rid of things that I don't need or want anymore that are just taking up space. It is such a freeing feeling to give to those in need and simplify my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment